Saturday 12 January 2019

Upcycling Your Christmas Cards


Several people save all their Christmas cards and hand them over to me, as I love cutting them up and re-using them. It is such a shame to throw away some of those lovely designs. I often take off any embellishments such as sentiments, bows and charms to re-use too


 

Here I have several cards that I am going to die cut using some bauble and snowflake dies. Snowflakes can be really tricky to get out in one piece and this die is a favourite as it cuts so cleanly.



This stag bauble die was a cheapie, only £2.55 from China - see more cards made with it back in 2017 here



I've even used the cut out as a negative to make some more cards.

The ribbons were originally from the Christmas crackers!


All the scraps can be put into the recycling - unless they have glitter on them, then my local Council won't take them, so I tend to use the backs for shopping lists etc



All these will be put away until Autumn when I will start to make Christmas cards again!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alizabethy … super ideas using dies to cut out/recycling Christmas cards … I must admit that I have lots of family and friends who also save me their birthday and Christmas cards for editing lol and I feel dear hubby cringing (oh not more cardy stuff)I have not yet cut into them but there is always a first ... thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments … happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi your cards are gorgeous. I do the same I get lots of peoples cards and recycle them into new cards. I am making Christmas cards with Snippets at the moment. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job recycling there! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete